Varilight V-Pro Smart - ongoing faults / bugs

nathanb1

Unifi reports device has excellent connection, it has received it's DHCP reservation IP and there is no packet loss from a ping.
Currently these devices have full outbound access through the router and initially they did connect and register in the cloud.
nathanb1

Thank you with your help. It appears the device has just appeared back in the application. I'll report back if it disappears again.
pzygmunt

Samo nie może zniknąć. Dotknij ikonkę (i) w aplikacji i wrzuć tutaj zrzut ekranu.
nathanb1

Still working ok. I noticed the Supla website said it was under maintenance this morning, perhaps that was it.

I also got them working with Alexa. I resisted uninstalling the Alexa app and reinstalling but that fixed things in case anyone else has the issue.
pzygmunt

Today's update should not affect this.
Please tap the (i) icon in the app and post a screenshot here.
David C

Meanwhile, back on topic... I've had a reply from Varilight to say they were having a meeting this afternoon discussing the issues I've had.
Marvsimmons

Hi,

Really appreciate this post and I would like to hear the responses when they come through.

I've just had varilight dimmers put everywhere in the house. Some work perfectly but a fair few have all of the same issues described by David C. All lights have the same hardware, firmware, installation setup and where done by a reliable and qualified professional.

I read some stuff about current fluctuations and having capacitors on in a Reddit thread so may give that a go if nothing else is suggested.

Thanks
Martin

Return to “Help”