Can't logon to supla to change settings on dimmer

HappyDave

Hi,
I just purchased a V-Pro smart dimmer from varilight to control 4 led GU10 lights that were previously controlled by a manual dimmer.
I wired it in but it doesn't work. So I tried connecting it to my Supla app which I was able to do.
I can see it registered in Supla, I can use the slider to adjust brightness and switch on/off but there is no actual light.

Varilights only suggestion is that I change the driver mode in the switch, something I can only do via the supla app, but when I try to do this by clicking on settings I get a time exceeded message as below.
Screenshot_2021-12-16-14-00-34-827_org.supla.android.jpg
Screenshot_2021-12-16-14-00-34-827_org.supla.android.jpg (141.17 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
I don't think this is going to fix the issue but they are refusing to help any further until I contact you and change this setting.

Could you help please
pzygmunt

Can I connect to your account and try to change this setting? If so, send me the email address of the account to me.
pzygmunt

I have verified that there is indeed a problem with your dimmer. I referred the matter to Varilight. Please in the meantime try to disconnect the power from the dimmer. Wait a few minutes. Connect the power. Open the application and try to enter the settings. Let me know if it changed anything.
HappyDave

Thanks, I'll try tomorrow morning and update here
Varilight_MB

Unfortunately based on the troubleshooting you have done and diagnostic input from Supla we can only assume that your unit is faulty.
Please contact our (Varilight) customer service so we can issue a replacement unit.
I'm sure your faulty dimmer did not leave the best 1st impression however I'm sure you will be happy with your replacement unit.
Varilight Technical
HappyDave

Varilight_MB wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:10 pm I'm sure your faulty dimmer did not leave the best 1st impression however I'm sure you will be happy with your replacement unit.
This isn't my first impression, I've bought 5 of your dimmers over the last year to convert to trailing edge mode, and very happy I've been too.
What annoys me is your bad customer service in this instance, the dimmer simply didn't work when I wired it up. I did say yesterday that I thought switching driving modes was unlikely to fix the issue but you asked me to try and so I did. However, this is the point when I subsequently had the issue with the app timing out and you then washed your hands of the problem and told me to contact supla direct, when challenged, this is what you said:
Jack@Varilight_Customer_Service wrote: Supla are our partners in development of these products and they deal
with the app side of customer services and any user trouble must go to
them. We had no part in developing the app so can’t help you with
the troubleshooting of passwords and timeouts.
I also suggested, that since this item had arrived without any markings on it identifying the 3 terminals, that it might have failed your quality control and ended up being sent out by mistake.
I appreciate you don't have the resources to trouble shoot these issues yourself but there is no reason why you couldn't take ownership of the problem and contact supla on my behalf, or get them to email me direct. To ask me to register on a 3rd party forum and have to explain from the start what my problem was is extremely bad customer service.
I ended up wasting 2 hours of my time trying to resolve this issue.
I also asked that Jack raised my complaint with his manager, has this been done? I feel it might have been ignored.

As an aside, I believe you are sending out a replacement unit today so thanks for that.
HappyDave

Replacement dimmer arrived today, plugged it in, exactly the same problem. Doesn't work and can't change settings as getting time out error.
pzygmunt

This message means that the dimmer does not respond to the command to switch to the configuration mode. This is a very bad signal that the next item is behaving the same. I will intervene in Varilight.
HappyDave

Thanks,

Varilight tell me that they tested the replacement before it was sent out. They also say that their technician is on holiday now until next year but they have sent him an email!!!
pzygmunt

We are sorry that this is the case. On our part, we cannot determine the cause without the involvement of people from Varilight. Unfortunately, we have to wait for the technician's return from the holidays.

Return to “Help”