VARLIGHT V-PRo Dimmer in Home Assistant With MQTT

exH

Hi

I have some of these dimmers configred in the cloud and working on the app. Plus I have a working Supla MQTT Broker which I can inspect on MQTT Explorer.

On the Home assistant side I don't have (want) access to the MQTT broker configuration to allow an MQTT Bridge, so I'm using NodeRed.
  • discovery - I have used the homeassistant/# topic to discover the devices on HA, and this seems to have worked well enough to the point of discovery.
  • Operation - I don't' know where to look on how to control the dimmers through MQTT. ie publish on MQTT explorer.
In HA the discovered devices have the controls: on/off and brightness % but operating them does nothing.

This is what it publishes for device OFF:

Code: Select all

supla/myaccount/devices/1363/channels/3930/execute_action 

msg.payload : string[8]
"TURN_OFF"
The Idea is I use nodered to pass that to SUPLA MQTT Broker but it doesn't work
pzygmunt

supla/myaccount/devices/1363/channels/3930/set/brightness
exH

Thanks for that.

I have it MQTT explorer working and able to operate the dimmers

In nodered I have the MQTT node "connected" to Supla MQTT. I publish the msg to Supla and test.mosquitto.org ( with username changed on topic )

I know the msg is reaching mosquitto.org but on SUPLA MQTT the action ( that works when using MQTT explorer ) does not operate the dimmers.

I'm sure I'm the problem but if there's anything else you know I should consider I'd appreciate it.
exH

Can't say what it was in the end but I got it working from Home Assistant using NodeRed as a bridge.

In the end possibly adding the cert chain from this forum website might have been the trick.

I'd love to get the these devices working as a native Home Assistant Supla integration entity but for now MQTT will suffice.

I might get Supla cloud working locally off my QNAP NAS next.

Return to “Help”