ultrasonic fluid level monitoring

workatforce

working on fluid level in a tank monitor using esp8266 and SR04M waterproof ultrasonic sensor instead HC-SR04 sensor.

used GUI builder firmware and HC-SR04 sensor option , the data is showing correctly in app and cloud.

but instead of mm, cm, meter i want to label the data as percentage in app.

like this example

https://iotcircuithub.com/water-level-m ... 266-blynk/

''but dont want to use blynk as all of my past project is in supla itself.

i am able to change icon and trigger other channel using reaction.

please help me out how to achieve such functionality using supla or provide any reference link related to supla project

Thankyou
pzygmunt

Supla does not currently support percentage liquid level sensors. Perhaps this will change in the future. For the moment, I suggest using a depth sensor.
workatforce

pzygmunt wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:26 am Supla does not currently support percentage liquid level sensors. Perhaps this will change in the future. For the moment, I suggest using a depth sensor.
:( I can understand depth sensor calculation in mm, cm and m but as other end user in my family doesn't understand the concept behind such readings. I hope supla release the support soon. Can you give me any idea how I can implement this and which file need to modified, thankyou
workatforce

Hello
@krycha88

Can you help me out to add support in GG

Thankyou
YoMan

There is some simple method for now but not perfect:
Use depth sensor and as full tank set 100 m, for empty 0. Then change the icon to the picture of percentage. I hope one letter "m" will not make confusion for users
YoMan

YoMan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:58 pm There is some simple method for now but not perfect:
Use depth sensor and as full tank set 100 m, for empty 0. Then change the icon to the picture of percentage. I hope one letter "m" will not make confusion for users
Hello,

Please let me know where to set 100m and 0 for empty, in cloud or in Device configuring mode?
YoMan

workatforce wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:55 am
YoMan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:58 pm There is some simple method for now but not perfect:
Hello,

Please let me know where to set 100m and 0 for empty, in cloud or in Device configuring mode?
My bad .... sorry ....it was with MPX5050. With ultrasonic there is no such possibility
YoMan

YoMan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:37 am
workatforce wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:55 am
Hello,

My bad .... sorry ....it was with MPX5050. With ultrasonic there is no such possibility
Looks like from supla nobody wants to help me out.

I left coding 15 years back only few concepts i remembered.
If it would have been possible for me i would have coded myself.

Just need to add few variables either in coding or in configuration

EMPTY VALUE AND FULL VALUE
AND WORKED WITH REACTION LIKE WHEN IT REACH CERTAIN LEVEL DO SOMETHING with other channel......

And suppose tank has 120 cms of depth it calculate 0 to 120cms in 0 to 100 percentage as simple as that.

and add circular gauge 0 to 100 percentage that match with cms in app.

But anyways 😞 looks like either have to wait several.more years or wait for someone who will code it

Thankyou
klew

workatforce wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:34 am Looks like from supla nobody wants to help me out.

AND WORKED WITH REACTION LIKE WHEN IT REACH CERTAIN LEVEL DO SOMETHING with other channel......

And suppose tank has 120 cms of depth it calculate 0 to 120cms in 0 to 100 percentage as simple as that.

But anyways 😞 looks like either have to wait several.more years or wait for someone who will code it
There is no option to show % value in Supla mobile app. However it is possible to use "depth" channel and show value in 0..100 range (with "m" unit added...)
Some people also use thermometer channel to preset any value, but they have to live with "degree" unit.

So if that is fine for you, then this can be done only on device's software.
Please check if this Arduino IDE example works in your case:
HC_SR04_Distance_sensor_extended.ino

There you setup min/max distance values and corresponding min/max values that should be send to server.

Please let me know if it works for you.
Widzimy się na Supla Offline Party vol. 2 :!:
workatforce

klew wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:25 pm
workatforce wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:34 am Looks like from supla nobody wants to help me out.

There is no option to show % value in Supla mobile app. However it is possible to use "depth" channel and show value in 0..100 range (with "m" unit added...)
Some people also use thermometer channel to preset any value, but they have to live with "degree" unit.

So if that is fine for you, then this can be done only on device's software.
Please check if this Arduino IDE example works in your case:
HC_SR04_Distance_sensor_extended.ino

There you setup min/max distance values and corresponding min/max values that should be send to server.

Please let me know if it works for you.
i have figured out other way, this post should marked solved. Thankyou

Return to “General discussion”