Home Assistant MQTT Broker Not Working

Jamiecharris

Hi,

Some im trying to integrate Supla devices into home assistant, I have got to the stage where i have install MQTT to home assistant, however when i try to add the MQTT Broker details from supla its unable to connected.

I have tested by integration with test.mosquitto.org and it connected perfectly.

I have also used a mqtt broker tester, and that also cannot connect to supla, ive reset the password many times and also enabled and disabled the broker but still not working....

I think the MQTT broker from supla is not working, any ideas on this?

Also ive tried to follow the Home Assistant guide where it doesn't use a MQTT broker and rather the following:

supla:
servers:
- server: svr1.supla.org
access_token: YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN

but im unsure where to get the access token from, i did try using the personal access token page from supla but that seems not to work...
pzygmunt

First, check the connection to the Supla broker using the MQTT explorer.
xzihen

Today I also installed clean, new Home Assistant and I meet the same problem ;/

I don't think the problem is on our end.
Pozdrawiam
Jamiecharris

pzygmunt wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:16 pm First, check the connection to the Supla broker using the MQTT explorer.
Okay I’ll check using MQTT explorer, in the mean time could you give me an explanation (if possible) why home assistant shows a different way of integrating, and why I can only find discussions on how to integrate SUPLA via MQTT?

Also could you suggest a stable version of home assistant that was working with SUPLA (that would be awesome)
rafalekkalwak@wp.pl

Don't do that via yaml configuration file.

Use integrations of HA, there is one named MQTT. Provide credentials from Supla, but remember that there are many other advanced options ( HERE REMARK that in my Docker version I see that but other people said that HA looked different for them).
Look for settings like :
* Use client certificate -> I have false
* Check broker certificate -> I have automatic
* Ignore check of broker certificate -> I have true
* Protocol -> I used 3.1.1

That config worked for me.
Jamiecharris

rafalekkalwak@wp.pl wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:56 am Don't do that via yaml configuration file.

Use integrations of HA, there is one named MQTT. Provide credentials from Supla, but remember that there are many other advanced options ( HERE REMARK that in my Docker version I see that but other people said that HA looked different for them).
Look for settings like :
* Use client certificate -> I have false
* Check broker certificate -> I have automatic
* Ignore check of broker certificate -> I have true
* Protocol -> I used 3.1.1

That config worked for me.
Thank you so much it worked!!

For anyone else out there trying to do this here is a guide. (Just please note this is the method on how I got it working. But may not work for you, but worth giving it a go if you’re at a loose end).

Here's a simplified step-by-step guide on how to integrate SUPLA with Home Assistant using the MQTT method:

1. Install the MQTT Add-on in Home Assistant. This will create an MQTT server that will communicate with the SUPLA MQTT Broker.

2. Once the add-on is installed, restart Home Assistant. It should automatically discover the MQTT Integration. If it doesn't, you can manually add it by clicking the "Add Integration" button.

3. Configure the MQTT Integration by entering the following details from the SUPLA Cloud Integration MQTT Broker page:

Broker: Host (e.g., mqtt1.supla.org)
Port: 8883
Username: Whatever is provided on the SUPLA page
Password: Same as above

Make sure you have the following settings:
Use client certificate: False
Check broker certificate: Automatic
Ignore check of broker certificate: True
Protocol: 3.1.1

Save the settings and it should start working!

Things to note:

1. If you're having trouble getting it to work, ensure that you have added the MQTT Add-on and that it is running before attempting to install the MQTT Integration.

2. If MQTT is not working in Home Assistant, it could be due to the version of Home Assistant you're using. In that case, you can try downgrading Home Assistant, setting up MQTT, and then updating it again.

3. Avoid modifying the configuration.yaml file for this integration as it won't work.

4. If you're unable to connect to the MQTT broker, double-check your settings. You can use MQTT Explorer and the SUPLA MQTT broker details to experiment with different settings until you establish a successful connection. Use the same settings when configuring the MQTT integration in Home Assistant.

By following these steps, you should be able to integrate SUPLA with Home Assistant using the MQTT method.
Robinson74

Before I follow your guide I will ask one thing.
After installing MQTT in HA there is a default broker: core-mosquitto with 1883 port and homeassistant username.
I understand I need to replace it with SUPLA? Because adding a new one is not possible.
booa1986

wykonałem wszystko według zaleceń - niestety wyskakuje błąd połączenia. Tak jak kolega powyżej napisał może to kwestia wersji HA aczkolwiek to drażliwa kwestia bo z chińczykiem łatwiej wejść w integrację jak z Suplą :(
pzygmunt

Robinson74 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:05 am Before I follow your guide I will ask one thing.
After installing MQTT in HA there is a default broker: core-mosquitto with 1883 port and homeassistant username.
I understand I need to replace it with SUPLA? Because adding a new one is not possible.
You can create a bridge between brokers.
pzygmunt

booa1986 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm wykonałem wszystko według zaleceń - niestety wyskakuje błąd połączenia. Tak jak kolega powyżej napisał może to kwestia wersji HA aczkolwiek to drażliwa kwestia bo z chińczykiem łatwiej wejść w integrację jak z Suplą :(
Write in Polish on the Polish part of the forum.

Return to “Help”