How to get Supla devices in Home Assistant without MQTT?

sskora

Hello,
I have 10 Supla SRW-01 devices in my house that are currently connected to Home Assistant via the Supla MQTT Broker.
Unfortunately Home Assistant can only be connected to one MQTT Broker.
I would like to use some Tasmota devices with Home Assistant with MQTT, so i would like to install a local MQTT broker, since i cannot connect any Tastmota devices to the Supla MQTT broker.

Is there any way to connect my Supla SRQ-01 devices to Home Assistant without using the Supla MQTT Broker? I've tried the Supla integration, but it does not work (I can't find the integration, altough i have added my token and server to the config file and even if, the API limit does not allow to use 10 devices... ).

Best regards :)
pzygmunt

I don't have an English version but you can use google translate.
Pay attention to point II (page 2).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10HTT6j ... KQwb3/view
lowang

Also there is a third way, using local Mosquito MQTT HomeAssistant add-on:
press config button on device for 5 secs until led light blinks rapidly, then connect with device wifi network, and use your browser to open device config page at http://192.168.4.1
Change mode from SUPLA to MQTT and pass your MQTT broker connection details. Save & Restart.
Check your broker logs and/or use MQTT Explorer to verify it's working.
However downside is that you won't be able to use suppla app/cloud anymore.
deltazero

Is this applicable to all supla devices or just specific ones? I am looking to buy the V-pro smart dimmer switches which use Supla app however I would like to use them locally via MQTT and Home assistant.

Do these also have the option to change to local MQTT?
pzygmunt

The V-Pro smart does not have an MQTT on board.
You can integrate the V-Pro smart with HA via MQTT through the MQTT broker which is provided by the cloud.supla.org cloud.
deltazero

Thanks for getting back to me.

I notice that Supla server can be self-hosted. If i self-host the supla server on a pi, can I set up the V-pro dimmers and connect them to the self hosted instance and pass on the MQTT through that to HA?

Could that technically still function as a local setup?
pzygmunt

Yes, you can do it this way.
deltazero

Thank you. It is useful to know before purchasing.

Is the lack of local MQTT on the V-pro switches a hardware limitation or a software one (with the possibility of adding it via firmware update)?
pzygmunt

This is because the V-Pro smart requires calibration for each light source. There is a dedicated calibration tool in the Supla Application. Giving the option to choose the MQTT protocol instead of Supla at the device level, we would have to provide the possibility of transmitting configuration parameters that may be too complicated for the user. Therefore, we decided not to introduce a local MQTT for the V-Pro Dimmer. Other devices have this capability.
bremenpl

pzygmunt wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:25 pm I don't have an English version but you can use google translate.
Pay attention to point II (page 2).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10HTT6j ... KQwb3/view
Hi there,
I have followed your tutorial on Supla integration into HA. However, I am unable to restart the HA due to an error in the configuration file:

my mqtt entry (changed the username and pass a bit):

Code: Select all

mqtt:
    broker: mqtt85.supla.org
    port: 8883
    certificate: auto
    username: 07df9cbb0816e0d13e7d9fdf
    password: 4w9TDXU2*1VzdFf4QCr55-L3
    discovery: true
When trying to restart HA:
img.png
img.png (14.79 KiB) Viewed 3527 times
Do you know what could be the case? I would appreciate all feedback!

Return to “Help”