Varilight dimmer not shown in Supla app

Fitpaul

Thanks again for your help with this matter. The router assigns IPaddress 192.168.1.104 to the dimmer. I tried pinging that address but it times out with 4 packets sent and none received. :(
I tried pinging one of the other dimmers and got a response with 4 packets sent and 4 received so I am doing it right.

I turned off the 5GHz radio in the modem but that made no difference. This is exasperating!

What else can I try?
pzygmunt

This would suggest that it is some old lease and the dimmer does not even connect to WiFi.

You can try to change the channel on which the 2.4Ghz network works, but it probably won't change anything. You can try disabling and enabling the DHCP server.

Can you check if there is an update available for your router's firmware?
Fitpaul

Bingo! I manually assigned a static IP address to the dimmer and now it works. So why should that make a difference? Well, I'm very happy this is now sorted. Thanks for all your help. I couldn't have done it without you.
pzygmunt

I'm glad it worked. It's hard to judge. It may be worth considering changing your router to something better.
Fitpaul

One thing I might say for you to know. When I tried to pair the device it didn't work. It was because my phone was on VPN. When I turned that off, it paired immediately. Just for your info.....

Return to “Help”