Problem with varilight v-pro dimmer

pdunne

Hi,

I recently installed a varilight v-pro smart wifi dimmer and am having some issues. The lights started doing strange things whenever I pressed the physical dimmer switch, for a while they would flash rapidly continuously after I pressed the dimmer to on and then eventually they just continually flashed rapidly whether the physical switch was on or off.

I then turned the power off at the board and since then the lights haven't come on at all and it shows as disconnected in the app.

I am able to put the dimmer into configuration mode by pressing and holding so I've tried adding and removing it from the app a few times. The app sees it for the adding process but as soon as it's added it goes to disconnected. I also followed the advice to put it into configuration mode go to 192.168.4.1 and set firmware to yes then press save. None of this seems to change the behaviour. I've attached a screenshot of the 192.168.4.1 page.

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pzygmunt

The screenshot shows that the device is establishing a connection to the server.
How does the knob backlight behave?
pdunne

Thank you for the reply. How long will it spend doing that? It's been in this state for about 24 hours now and the lights can't be operated.
pdunne

Sorry didn't see the question. The knob backlight is off normally. If I put it into configuration mode it flashes blue rapidly
pzygmunt

Post a screenshot of the application here when the backlight is off.
pdunne

Here's a screenshot of the mobile application with the dimmer not in configuration mode (IMG_7921.png). The problematic dimmer is the dimmer 6 that's showing as connected (I understand why dimmers 4 and 5 and the other 'dimmer 6' aren't connected, they're on a circuit with 5A lighting sockets that currently don't have anything plugged into them, but they work fine when something is plugged in). The load for the connected dimmer 6 is 5 Philips warmglow SES bulbs.

I've also attached a screenshot of what's showing when I click on the connected dimmer 6 (IMG_7923.png). Despite showing as on at 100% brightness the bulbs are not lit. I am able to press the off button and move the slider around but the lights don't respond and after a couple of seconds the status goes back to on at 100% without me touching anything. If I try and click the settings cog and put in my password the request says it's timed out and I'm not able to adjust any settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Varilight_MB

Please try to perform factory reset by pressing and holding knob for 15s . If the dimmer won't start initialization straight after (stepping up brightness) you should contact Varilight CS to issue a replacement unit.
https://www.varilight.co.uk/help/
Varilight Technical
pdunne

Unfortunately the hold for 15 seconds didn't do anything it just stayed with the flashing blue light in configuration mode. I'll contact customer services.

Return to “Help”