varilight smart dimmer double/triple press

marengbj

hi all

my goal is to have smart light switches in every room of my house. the functionality im looking for is:
1. standard, non-smart functionality (on/off + brightness up/down) - should work in a wifi failure
2. standard, smart functionality (on/off + brightness up/down) - controllable via wifi (home assistant)
3. extra smart functionality - double press activates scene X, triple press activates scene Y

varilight v-pro smart dimmer + supla seems to be able to support 1 + 2 out of the box, with a local server option too.

is 3 possible?

best regards
ben
pzygmunt

V-Pro meets condition 1 and 2. In my opinion, it can also meet condition 3, but this requires changes to the software on the part of the manufacturer. I think that if you try to press them, you might be able to do something in this area right away.
marengbj

Thanks @pzygmunt. I've sent them the question. So just to be clear, on the supla side, everything is fully supported, it's just varilight that need to make a change?
Once a new firmware is released, are ota firmware updates possible?
pzygmunt

In this case, the work has to be done on our side and on Varilight's side. We declare that we will prepare an update if we receive what is needed from Varilight. The update will be available via OTA.
marengbj

for completeness, varilight's response:
Many thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately as the push function is reserved for the off/on state of the dimmer, implementing other functions isn't possible at this moment in time, however it is something we will try to find a workaround for.

Kind Regards,

Jack
VARILIGHT Customer Services
ill probably try using the shelly dimmers instead

Return to “Help”