Varilight V Pro 4 way dimmer - 1 no longer working

wintomato

Varilight do Wi-Fi dimmers. Relatively new product when I met them at a home show last year.

https://www.varilight.co.uk/ranges/v-pro-smart.php
pzygmunt

This is 1 gang dimmer.
Varilight_MB

If your dimmer does not come up in the app (red dot) and you can't put in in to AP mode before and after power cycle it is possible that it has developed a fault.
It would be best to contact Varilight Customer Services to troubleshoot and replace unit if necessary.

In terms of an update there are 2 parallel hardware revisions on the market therefore software versions may have different numbers/codes to match. Currently SIC1201Q/2.8.52 and SIC1301F/2.8.55. Your unit version can be check in the app by accessing dimmer configuration "cog" (version is displayed in the bottom right corner eg SIC1301x)

There is an alternative method of updating module software which does not involve web browser.
1. Put your dimmer in to AP mode (press knob for 5s - fast flashing)
2. In your smartphone use "Add I/O wizard" and add same device again (no changes in configuration are reqired).
3. After finishing configuration dimer will check for update and install it if available.
Update may take up to 1min rapid flashing ( if interrupted - eg power cut - dimmer will resume update with no indication from LED)
Varilight Technical
wintomato

Thanks Varilight.
I have updated the firmware to 55 on all the dimmer switches on the 2 gang and the 4 gang.
All except the faulty one. It wont go into config mode and it wont operate the lights manually. Typically when they disconnect I can still operate the lights manually.
This one seems to be completely dead. I’ll contact support.
wintomato

As I’ve updated to 55, I’ve checked, it’s a 1301F

Thanks pzy I linked to the product, to show WiFi dimmers. They sell 1,2 and 4 gangs thru resellers.

When holding switch for 5 secs or t doesn’t start flashing so can’t try the alternative update process

Thanks for all the help, I’ll contact support.
pzygmunt

There's been a little misunderstanding on my side. I wrongly assumed that x gang corresponds to the number of channels in a single dimmer, and here I am talking about frames in which single dimmers are mounted.

Return to “Help”