Getting started - Node-Red & MQTT

PeteKnight

Hi, I currently have a sophisticated home automation setup with numerous ESP8266/ESP32 devices running custom code and talking to a Raspberry Pi running Node-Red via MQTT.
I use Blynk as my mobile app, with a Node-Red contrib providing communication to the Blynk server.
I don't want to change any of the ESP/MQTT setup, it works exactly how I want it to.
However, I am interested in the possibility of migrating away from Blynk and using the Supla app (iOS version preferably) instead.

Despite creating a Supla cloud account, downloading the app and getting logged-in, I can't figure-out what to do next.

Is it actually possible to use Supla without devices running Supla code?

Can my Node-Red / MQTT broker create "virtual" devices that can be controlled via the Supla app?

Thanks in advance,

Pete.
pzygmunt

PeteKnight wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:56 pm Is it actually possible to use Supla without devices running Supla code?
No
PeteKnight wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:56 pm Can my Node-Red / MQTT broker create "virtual" devices that can be controlled via the Supla app?
No
PeteKnight

Okay, that’s a pity!

Thanks for your time and the speedy response.

Pete.
jaku2k

PeteKnight wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:56 pm
pzygmunt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:47 pm
PeteKnight wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:56 pm Can my Node-Red / MQTT broker create "virtual" devices that can be controlled via the Supla app?
No
I don't want to question @pzygmunt's answer, but I heard that there's a software called "Supla Virtual Device" that allows to convert some devices from MQTT to Supla ones. However, it's not native feature of Supla and it doesn't support all Supla supported devices yet. More information about SVD you can find on Github: https://github.com/lukbek/supla-virtual-device

Regards,
Jakub

PS. SVD is SEPARATE software (not included in Supla Cloud - you need some device to run it).

Return to “Help”