gate module firmware sensor inputs

guyc

Today I flashed the gate_module_eagle.flash.bin onto my ESP8266 device. Controlling the gate works fine,but the IO's that are meant for sensor inputs (GPIO 12 and 14) seem to be configured as output and logic low. I tried with a 1K resistor to pull up to 3.3V but this does not work. What am i overlooking ? thanks
Zybi

Pins 12 and 14 are working in two modes: the input and output. At the beginning In output mode pins control the LEDs config, then in input mode the pins working as opening sensors. Therefore, in the input mode on the pins is a pull-down (LEDs are connected to GND), and to force the active state, you must connect pins directly to + VCC (+3,3V).
guyc

I just checked again. I figured out the LED connection from another post, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. At my setup, there's nothing connected to the pins (no LED or resistors). At startup I see IO 12 toggling for a few times. After a few seconds IO 12 and 14 are both low. I used a 100ohms resistor to 3.3V to test the sensor, but the voltage on the pin stays 0.8V, indicating the pins are still in output mode. Same behavior for both pins. Any more suggestions ?
Zybi

State active on sensors - connect the pins for VCC without any resistors.

Have you activated sensors channels on the cloud?
Espablo

Try this on GPIO 12 and 14.
Attachments
input_sensor.JPG
input_sensor.JPG (5.92 KiB) Viewed 5922 times
Każde urządzenie elektryczne działa o wiele lepiej jeśli podłączysz je do prądu. :? :roll:
guyc

I checked the cloud settings, and the sensors are enabled. Meanwhile I flashed another binary (gate_module_wroom_eagle.flash.bin) which has another pin layout. Unfortunately I got the same result, sensor pins stay output. Shorting the pins directly to VCC works - app responds immediately , but the current flowing into the pin is 40mA, which is obviously way too much, but luckely the device isn't damaged.
Zybi

If you have ESP module with flash size 4MByte I propose you to flash any firmware gate_x2 from my fork on github:

https://github.com/zchmielak/ESP8266/tr ... os_D1_mini

The settings are described in file readme.txt in *.rar package.

In my builds to control sensors such as described above @Espablo.
Espablo

Zybi wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:18 pm If you have ESP module with flash size 4MByte I propose you to flash any firmware gate_x2 form my fork on github:

https://github.com/zchmielak/ESP8266/tr ... os_D1_mini

The settings are described in file readme.txt in *.rar package.
Or tray inCan for ESP-12 viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1922&start=40#p9577 :D
Każde urządzenie elektryczne działa o wiele lepiej jeśli podłączysz je do prądu. :? :roll:
guyc

I have tried your last suggestion and flashed the gate X2 version, now it works perfect!I Thanks for your help!
I'll look into the source code to find out where the issue was related to.

Return to “Help”