H+h Wifi won’t connect

swoplin@gmail.com

I followed install the instructions but can’t get the controller to connect. I have a dual band 2.4ghz / 5ghz router and a mesh system for Wifi.
I have another H+h Wifi heater in the same room but this second one is closer to the router/ mesh gateway.
The heatpol xxxxxxxx comes up I teemittenty when I scan for it but refuses to connect.
Is the issue that the H+h has to link to 2.4ghz only?
pzygmunt

Please specify the manufacturer and model of your router.
swoplin@gmail.com

Hi - my mesh system is a Tenda Mw3, router is a Sagemcom FAST 5364.
swoplin@gmail.com

Also the other heater in the room did connect to the same system - it is located further from router.
pzygmunt

Unfortunately, Tenda routers interfere with many devices, including the H + h heater, which causes unexpected device restarts. Firmware update to version 2.8.x makes the heater resistant to interference from the Tenda router. If the software has not been updated to version 2.8 (this is the case), turn off the Tenda router and configure the heater manually.

To do this, follow these steps:
1. Log in to cloud.supla.org and turn on adding devices
2. On cloud.supla.org, click on the logo to determine the server address
3. Turn off the Tenda router
4. Switch the heater to the configuration mode
5. Connect to the wifi network broadcast by the heater
6. Open the page http://192.168.4.1
7. Fill the settings fields
8. Save the settings
9. Restart the heater
10. Turn on the Tenda router
swoplin@gmail.com

Hi- this has not worked.

I was not able to find an option to set up the heater using the SUPLA.cloud.org browser based app so was using the i/o setup feature on the SUPLA smartphone app.
I followed all instructions otherwise and I can still not join the heaters Wifi
I have now lost connectivity with the other heater too.
What is the solution?
The SUPLA.cloud.,org seems incredibly technical for your customer to understand. ‘Access identifiers’ - what does it all mean?
Also:
How do you (simply please!) update software on a heater?
pzygmunt

OK.
You can try to solve Tenda's problem in another way.

Start the adding wizard. As you will be in the step shown in the screenshot below, turn off the Tenda routers, then put the heater into setup mode (pairing mode), and go to the next step of the wizard.
Attachments
device-2022-01-14-224339.png
device-2022-01-14-224339.png (114.64 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
pzygmunt

I am also enclosing a fragment of the manual explaining how to switch the heater into the pairing mode.
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu 2022-01-14 o 22.46.27.png
Zrzut ekranu 2022-01-14 o 22.46.27.png (282.25 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
swoplin@gmail.com

Hi,

thank you for your tips, eventually I got them to connect. It turns out our neighbours also have Tenda Wifi (their signal leeches into our house and vice Verda) so once both us and they powered off their mesh devices it connected almost immediately.

I wasn’t able to force a firmware update though, despite accessing the right pages as per your advice and checking ‘yes’ where the ‘firmware upgrade ‘ setting was at the bottom of the credentials.
Once you’ve checked ‘yes’ and saved, what should happen next? Do you stay on the same page? Leave it an amount of time?
If the firmware update sorts out interference with a popular brand of mesh like Tenda you’re likely to be getting asked this a lot.
Thanks again
pzygmunt

The software version 2.8.x is still unofficial. I can make them available to you if you send the account's email address to priv

Return to “Help”