WiFi Connection Change

MS-CST

Hello,

I got a Question. I´m starting to install the SUPLA Modules in my House. It works pretty good.
But we are going to get a new Internet Connection in the next months. Can i change the Connection ID and Password of each SUPLA Module on PC or did
i need to CONFIG every Module New ? This would take a long long time.
vajera

You can:
A. change each module settings manually (including taking them out of the wall to enable config mode if necessary - but usually you can do it by pressing config button 10 times or keeping it pressed by 5 seconds) or
B. create your new network with the same SSID and password - some routers allow to create virtual networks so you can have one for Supla (ie. hidden SSID) and another for home users
Maas

Hello, I would like to use the monitor in a friends house. Changed the network setting to his home network but I got not connection to the cloud… is there still another settings to consider in the cloud?
Thanks for your support
pzygmunt

Add the device again from the application. Submit a tap snapshot of the last add wizard window to where the summary is.
Maas

Hello, thanks for quick replay.
I‘m still having problem to setup the new Internet even with create a new device in the application. Seems the device is s till linked to the cloud with old network settings
Please explain a bit more your solving statement:
Submit a tap snapshot of the last add wizard window to where the summary is.
What happens with the data in the cloud. Are they adding the new information in the same database or would that a complete new link with own data base?
Thanks for your help
klew

Wifi configuration is used only for getting the Internet connection. So if you changed only wifi settings, the device will still connect to previously configured Supla account.

If you want to move device to another account, then you should put device to config mode (by holding config button for few seconds and then LED should start blinking). Then from Supla app logged to friend's account, you can add it with "add device wizard".

This will be added as a new device without any history. However energy counters on meter will not be reset, so those values will be a starting point.
Widzimy się na Supla Offline Party vol. 2 :!:
Maas

Hello Klew,
Thanks for quick replay. I have tried this with a hot spot from a phone… to simulate the friends network… but this was not working. Is there restrictions to use this kind of network?
I thought could be also support area‘s where you not have a wlan support…
Thanks for your Help
Br
Jörg
klew

Maas wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:49 am Hello Klew,
Thanks for quick replay. I have tried this with a hot spot from a phone… to simulate the friends network… but this was not working. Is there restrictions to use this kind of network?
I thought could be also support area‘s where you not have a wlan support…
Thanks for your Help
Br
Jörg
Those devices require wifi on 2.4 band - that's the only restriction.

Please describe what is not working?
If you change only wifi settings, device should connect to network and register too the same Supla account as configured currently.
If you want to login to different account, you have to use "add wizard" from app logged into that another account.
Alternatively you can enter 192.168.4.1 page while device is in config mode and provide another's account email address and server manually
Maas

Hello Klew,
I follow the steps as you have described
Also both way with wizard and 192.168.4.1
After safe and restart the green LED is blinking slowly and the app tells me that connections is failed. Please see attachment. Not sure if the phone hot spot is using the 2.4 MHZ
Br
Jörg
4EF38CA1-D97E-4677-A6E6-6FDD1F516195.jpeg
4EF38CA1-D97E-4677-A6E6-6FDD1F516195.jpeg (170.13 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
9610A6C7-42F3-4952-8794-34E971096784.png
9610A6C7-42F3-4952-8794-34E971096784.png (828.35 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
klew

If led is blinking slowly, then most probably it is not in config mode, but rather tries to establish connection with previously configured settings.
At the beginning of add device wizard, there is info that you should have device in config mode and there is visualization of LED blink speed. Switch device to config mode before using add device wizard, by holding config button on the device.

Return to “General discussion”