Supla universal IR emitter for 8 codes

elmaya

YoMan wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:39 am
elmaya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:55 am
YoMan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:35 pm hi @elmaya

I tried to make Your Ir emitter and it works perfectly with my amplifier but it works bad with TV. I need to set the emitter near the TV set (max 1,5m) and point the diode exactly into the receiver (couple gradius to the side and it doesn't work). The TV is Sharp (quite old, about 9 yo).
Maybe it is the specific problem of the codes because even when I'm trying to press the button on the remote as short as it is possible I receive at least 2 codes (sometimes 4) like on the screenshot.

Other problem is that the module stacks very often. When I click couple times on "test" on configuration site it stacks :(

Do You have any prediction what could be the problem? Maybe both are connected and caused by my mistake?Screenshot_2021-02-27 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(1).png]Screenshot_2021-02-27 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(2).png
Can you please tell me which Sharp TV model you have?

The bug that makes it get stuck, I know where it is.
lack

Code: Select all

server->sendContent("");
before stopping the client

tell me what version are you using?
TV Sharp LC-42XL2E
version: https://en-forum.supla.org/viewtopic.php?p=72797#p72797
try this
IRController_16xV3D_3NO_APoff_DOUT_8Mbit.rar
(329.2 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
YoMan

elmaya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:25 pm
try this
no more stucks - thanks a lot
but the signal is still quite weak. I was checking on infrared (night) camera and camparing with standard TV remote and the original remote diode lights much brighter so maybe I should exchange the resistor to 5ohm? or buy bigger diode? (I've got 5mm - noname diode from allegro)
Ultimately Im going to use that module to control AC so maybe it will not be a problem. I have to check.
YoMan

YoMan wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:12 pm
try this
but the signal is still quite weak. I was checking on infrared (night) camera and camparing with standard TV remote and the original remote diode lights much brighter so maybe I should exchange the resistor to 5ohm? or buy bigger diode? (I've got 5mm - noname diode from allegro)
Ultimately Im going to use that module to control AC so maybe it will not be a problem. I have to check.
you are feeding the IR diode with 5v right?
YoMan

elmaya wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:18 pm
YoMan wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:12 pm
try this
you are feeding the IR diode with 5v right?
yes, with 10ohm resistor, HILINK power supply HLK-PM01, NodeMCU module
YoMan

you can try changing the transistor and base resistor
IR emiter_esquemático.png
IR emiter_esquemático.png (27.79 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
YoMan

I've tried today to start AC conditioner and it seems to be more complicated. (it doesn't work of course :( )

It seems like the original remote is sending couple codes, maybe: turn on, set mode (heating/cooling), set temperature, set fan speed, etc...
I'm receiveing 5 codes - not always the same, similar but different (I was trying couple times)
Screenshot_2021-03-01 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(3).png
Screenshot_2021-03-01 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(3).png (17.86 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
Screenshot_2021-03-01 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(1).png
Screenshot_2021-03-01 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(1).png (17.92 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
Screenshot_2021-03-01 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(2).png
Screenshot_2021-03-01 Supla IR Controller (Supla IR)(2).png (17.94 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
I've made a slow motion video as well for comparising original remote and one of codes captured by Supla IR.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fojwyjszk7p1 ... Ky_Xa?dl=0
You can see 5 "parts" of code, the last one is beyond the slowmotion video. You can see as well much weaker signal of the Supla diode.
Maybe there is option to connect those 5 codes in Your software as one code?
elmaya wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:07 pm you can try changing the transistor and base resistor
IR emiter_esquemático.png
I can try with resistor, unfortunately I do not have BC337 transistor - need to buy
YoMan

manufacturer and model of the air conditioner?
changing the resistance I should notice an increase in the emission level of the IR Led
elmaya

do you have the IR receiver connected as in the diagram?
with resistor and capacitor?
klew

YoMan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:26 pm I've tried today to start AC conditioner and it seems to be more complicated. (it doesn't work of course :( )

It seems like the original remote is sending couple codes, maybe: turn on, set mode (heating/cooling), set temperature, set fan speed, etc...
I'm receiveing 5 codes - not always the same, similar but different (I was trying couple times)
Remote controllers for air conditioners usually send full configuration that is configured on remote. So it remembers "full state" and sends multiple codes depending on what was clicked before on remote controller.
This is slightly more compliacate than sending hardcoded code, that triggers some defined action.
Widzimy się na Supla Offline Party vol. 2 :!:
YoMan

klew wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:03 pm
YoMan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:26 pm I've tried today to start AC conditioner and it seems to be more complicated. (it doesn't work of course :( )

Remote controllers for air conditioners usually send full configuration that is configured on remote. So it remembers "full state" and sends multiple codes depending on what was clicked before on remote controller.
This is slightly more compliacate than sending hardcoded code, that triggers some defined action.
I was thinking that way as well basing on my observation. Do you know any good way to control AC conditioners with Supla?
YoMan

Return to “Ideas and concepts”